Taking part in sports is important for students as it reduces stress and enhances their mood. Sports builds healthy bones and muscles, increases fitness, improves sleep, helps them socialise, improves their cooperation skills, boosts self-confidence and lowers the risk of getting obese.
Advantages of Sports education in school.
1. Stay healthy: Regular physical activity in the form of sports can help students to stay healthy and avoid unwanted illness. One of the most important benefits is reduced risk of obesity which is otherwise a common problem among today’s kids and teenagers.
2. Boost in self esteem: Several research studies have noted that playing sports can enhance a person’s self-esteem and self-confidence. Even small gestures such as a handshake from the coach, a pat on the back from their team mate, a high-five from an opponent or praise of words from parents and friends can boost their self esteem as a student.
3. Be more social: Being a part of sports team helps them to interact well with people of all ages. Making friends and respecting diversities with a more open mindset becomes easier.
4. Improved teamwork and cooperation: Sports competitions and matches needs a very good coordination, teamwork and cooperation. These skills will help students when they grow up as tomorrow’s individuals. In addition to participating in individuals sports, team sports improves their role as a team player which helps them a lot when it comes to group projects both in academics and future career.
Sports education helps building social interaction
Playing in a team helps students to develop many of the social skills they will need for life. Sports teaches them to cooperate, to be less selfish, and to listen to other children. Sports also gives a sense of belonging. It helps them make new friends and builds their social circle outside school.
Important Qualities sports education teaches us.
– Discipline: One of the most important things in life is to learn how to train yourself to know your own limits and goals.
– Respect: Having respect for your coaches in sports helps kids later on in life when dealing with adults or authoritative figures.
– Overcoming Adversity