Study Permit

What is a study permit?


A study permit is a document issued by the Government of Canada that allows international students

to study at Canadian schools. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada.

You can get more information at:

Studying in Canada as a minor


A person under 18 is considered a “minor child” in the province of Ontario.

The parents or legal guardians of the minor children must prove that they will provide the care and support the students need during their stay in Canada. Minor children under the age of 17 must either

  • come with their parent or legal guardian or
  • have a custodian in Canada


Who is a custodian?


A custodian is a responsible adult, who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, and will take care of and support the minor child.

A custodian is optional for minors 18 years of age and older, but an officer can request one on a case-by-case basis. For more information, you can visit:

or contact us at

Welcome to FH

The FH Difference

Faculty & Staff


Ontario High School System

Academic Calendar


FH Highschool Online

FH Online Course List

FH Online Application Process

Pathway Program

ESL Programs


Admissions Requirements & Process

Tuition Fees, Refund, Policy & Scholarship


Study Permit


Guidance & Career Coaching Program