This course is designed to develop the oral communication, reading, writing, and media literacy skills that students need to succeed in their secondary school academic programs and daily lives. Students will analyze literary texts from contemporary and historical periods, interpret informational and graphic texts, and create oral, written, and media texts in various forms. An important focus will be on strategies that contribute to effective communication. The course is intended to prepare students for the Grade 10 academic English course, which leads to university or college preparation courses in Grades 11 and 12.
- Sightlines 9, Prentice Hall – Ginn (2000)
- Live Ink: Print and Digital Student Kit A, Pearson Education Canada ©
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Literacy Power: Book G, Gage Learning Corporation (2003)
- Henry V
- The Norton Anthology of Poetry (New York, 2005)
- Life of Pi (New York, 1990, Knoph Publisher) FAQ
What is ENG1D?
ENG1D is a Grade 9 English course at an academic level.
What is the prerequisite course for ENG1D?
How long does it take to complete the ENG1D online course?
You can complete ENG1D as quickly as 4 weeks or take as long as 4 months.