How to apply to Canadian universities through OUAC:
1. OUAC refers to Ontario Universities’ Application Centre
2. Two pathways: UNDERGRAD (101) & UNDERGRAD (105)
UNDERGRAD (101) Criteria:
· You are taking courses during the day at an Ontario high school (this includes students returning for second semester and graduated students returning to upgrade 1 or more courses).
· You have not, at any point, been out of high school for more than 7 consecutive months.
· You will have received or expect to receive your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with six 4U/M courses at the end of the current year.
· You have not attended a postsecondary institution (college/university/career college).
· You are applying to the first year of an undergraduate degree program or diploma program at an Ontario university.
· You are under 21 years of age.
UNDERGRAD (105) Criteria:
· You currently reside in Canada (Canadian citizens, permanent residents [landed immigrants] or those currently studying in Canada on a study permit or other visa), or are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident (landed immigrant) living elsewhere (not in Canada), and you are not currently attending an Ontario high school day program.
· You currently reside outside of Canada, are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) and are not currently attending an Ontario high school day program (in Ontario or abroad).
Current Ontario High School Students (101): January 15, 2021 (11:59 pm ET)
All Other Undergraduate Application (105): Deadlines differ by university/program (Refer to universities’ websites for specific deadline dates)
1. Base Application Fee: $150
For your initial 3 program choices.
Required of all applicants.
2. Additional Choice Fee: $50/choice
For each additional program choice beyond your first 3 (e.g., if you add 2 additional university choices, you must pay $100 in addition to the base application fee).
Notes: There is no fee for replacing a program choice with another program choice at the same university. You may apply to as many Ontario universities as you wish; however, you are limited to a maximum of 3 program choices at any 1 university (including its affiliates). Some universities may further limit the number of programs you can apply to.
3. International Service Fee: $10
If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant).
4. Supplemental Program Fee
Supplemental program fees cover the cost of individual faculty admission processes. The supplemental program fee is non-refundable and you pay it along with your OUAC application fee.
5. Due to the Covid-19, Ontario Universities Fair & Ontario Universities’ Regional Fairs have been cancelled this year. Students can contact OUAC directly.
OUAC Contact Information:
Hours: Mon- Wed & Fri: 9:30 am – 4:15 pm (ET)
Thu: 10:00 am – 4:15 pm (ET)